Starboard Wingboard 4’6″ x 25″ – 69 L Blue Carbon 2021
Starboard Wingboard Blue Carbon 2021 Some riders “get it” right away, while others struggle, this is much down to choosing the right gear and understanding the basics technical aspects. Our target is an early and easy take-off, superb balance while riding, easy touch down with fast relaunchKEY FEATURES:
To get started we need stability and since volume works on leverage, the further away the volume is from your feet, the more stability it creates. We placed the volume in the rails, at the square nose and at the little “platform” at the tail of the board. Stability is also created by having the feet as close to the foil as possible. We do not want to foil with “High Heels”, so the thinner a board is, the better it rides.
Makes it incredibly forgiving on touchdowns as the nose bounces and skims off the large surface area, not sticking and slowing you down.
Significantly improves stability as you have a lower centre of gravity. It also brings you closer to the foil for more control when up and riding.
THE BOXY RAILS
Pack the volume where you need it, increasing the float and stability so you can ride a narrower and shorter board.
FLAT TAIL ROCKER
And sharp rails forward increase ground speed until take off.
Allows the board to release that much earlier and reduces the rails from catching through turning.
Is optimized to provide early lift for fast takeoffs and gives a very balanced trim when up and riding.
Boosts the overall float to ride such small boards.
That get deeper towards the tail helps to pump, rock the board into release, and also helps for stability.
Make it easy to know where to position the feet and always be in the right spot to trim the board.
The carry handle is moved to the bottom of the board to avoid interfering when foiling, The-Wall-Inflatable-Stand-Up-Paddle-Board-Starboard-SUP-Key-Feature-Flat-carry-handle.
NEW BLUE CARBON:
LIGHTWEIGHT, 2x FULL CARBON, STRONG AND DURABLE
- Full wrap of 150g Biaxial Carbon for its durable skin and strength, combined with a full UD Carbon wrap for additional stiffness and total breakage strength.
- Extra glass reinforcements are positioned in the critical standing area to prevent heel dents and for extra strength over sharp edges.
- New extra reinforced foil box uses a large PVC plate sandwiched between 2 x strong glass layers for the highest total breakage strength.
THE STRONGEST RAIL EVER TESTED
- DURABLE, DURABLE.
- DURABLE. DURABLE.
- Starlite now features a full deck of 0.6mm Australian pine wood which is outside of 2 glass skins, DURABLE.
LIGHT, STRONG, AFFORDABLE
- Extra rigidity with introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / • Multiple layers of high-grade fiberglass are wetted out in epoxy resin wrapping the hull.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area.
- All inserts have added high density foam reinforcements.
|MODEL||LENGTH||WIDTH||THICKNESS||TAIL WIDTH||VOLUME||RIDER WEIGHT||FIN SET UP||WEIGHT|
|7’0″ x 30″ WINGBOARD||7’0″ / 213.4cm||30″ / 76.2cm||4.3″ / 10.9cm||24.6″ / 62.5cm||140 l||50-110 kg||10″ US Box||BLUE CARBON: 7.9kg
LITE TECH: 9.4kg
|6’7″ x 28″ WINGBOARD||6’7″ / 200.7cm||28″ / 71.1cm||4.2″ / 10.4cm||23.5″ / 59.7cm||115 l||40-95 kg||10″ US Box||BLUE CARBON: 7.3kg
LITE TECH: 8.7kg
|5’8″ CABRINHA MACRO″ WINGBOARD||5’8″ / 172.7cm||25″ / 63.5cm||3.8″ / 9.7cm||21″ / 53.3cm||88 l||40-85 kg||10″ US Box||BLUE CARBON: 6.5kg
LITE TECH: 7.9kg
|4’6″ CABRINHA MACRO″ WINGBOARD||4’6″ / 137.2cm||25″ / 63.5cm||3.8″ / 9.7cm||21.7″ / 55.1cm||69 l||30-75 kg||10″ US Box||BLUE CARBON: 5.2kg
LITE TECH: 6.8kg